Friday, February 10, 2012

U.S. Travel Warning to Mexican States

I recently read an article on USA Today about a warning the U.S. has made to the american public. This warning deals with avoiding travel to Mexican states, specially 13 of them including border states. This article states that american citizens have been victims of killings, carjackings, drug violence, and even kidnappings. This issue has been going on since 2006, when Mexico's drug war reached a high point. However, since last year, more and more american tourists and visitors have been increasingly attacked. Therefore, the U.S. Government feels like it need to inform and give a warning to people planning a visit. I, myself am from Mexico and I used to visit it every year. Therefore I've been aware of the situation going on in my home country. Its not to say that ALL of Mexico is dangerous, however, this article is a good waring to unaware americans planning to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment